Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Fall Table Decor

As I got into the Fall season spirit about a month or more ago, I started collecting various size pine cones and acorns when Alex and I went for a walk. Also, our backyard had some good acorn picks. Kroger was selling leaf plates for about $5 with a Kroger card. So, I picked up 2 plates and decided to create my own decor this year. I put 2 previously owned candles in the middle of pine cones and acorns to create 2 table top Fall decorations. I like the "hats" on top of the acorns best, so I hot glued the hats on that fell off. The decor was simple, cheap [~$10 for plates and a few walks (which we do often anyway) to collect free nature], natural, seasonal and fun. And of course, Alex received all the leftover acorns and pine cones to play with on the back deck. She loves carrying and grouping them.


No comments: