Monday, October 6, 2008

Pig in a Blanket

This is a simple food to make for toddlers and kids for lunch or dinner. My daughter, Alex, is one yr old and loves them. I love them and eat them with her for lunch. I serve some type of veggie with them as well. You can refrigerate the leftovers and make another meal with it by heating in the microwave. These bring back memories as my mom used to make them for me. Enjoy!

Pig in a Blanket

Ingredients:
1 Pack of Hot Dogs (I use Hebrew National as they are tasty and healthier.)
1 Can of Crescent Roll Dough (I use Reduced Fat and the off brand works fine.)
Cheese (I used shredded cheddar cheese. However, growing up, my mom sliced American cheese.)

Instructions:
Preheat oven according to your crescent can instructions.

Cut 4 hot dogs in half and then slice them longways part way down the middle. Stuff cheese in the slit. Roll out crescent dough (should have 8 rolls in a can). Start cheese stuffed hot dog on the pointy end and roll up in the crescent dough. Make sure it finishes where the cheese side is up.

Place them all on a cookie sheet with space in between. I greased the bottom for half of them to see if it made a difference. It made no difference on my baking sheet so I will not grease it in the future. Cook according to your crescent can instructions. Place them all on a cookie sheet with space in between. I greased the bottom for half of them to see if it made a difference. It made no difference on my baking sheet so I will not grease it in the future. Cook according to your crescent can instructions. Lean toward the longer range of minutes because of filling. But, watch and make sure tops do not burn.


Finished Product. Of course, if you are serving this to a pretoddler or toddler, cut them up into small pieces. Let cool as they are hot. Enjoy!


1 comment:

robin said...

I am going to have to try some of these recipes. The food looks GREAT!