Monday, November 10, 2008

Simple Cheese Cake

I tasted this cheesecake for the first time in the summer of 2007 at my college friend reunion. It was one of the best cheese cakes I had ever had if not the best. My good friend, Gina, hosted us at her mom's in Slidell, LA. Gina's mom, Bobbie Gibbs, who is an excellent cook gave me her recipe. Here goes...

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 already prepared graham cracker crust (recipe called for one bigger than 8" but I could only find an 8" crust. worked fine, but would overflow with a topping probably)

Instructions:
1. Cream sugar and eggs.
2. Add cream cheese and vanilla.
3. Beat well until fluffy. (Note: according to recipe - fluffs best when beat in food processor, but hand mixer does ok, too.)
4. Put into pie crust.
5. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
6. Cool. Refridgerate 2 hrs + before serving.
7. Serve with favorite topping.



I love various toppings. However, the cheese cake is wonderful plain as well. :)

1 comment:

Clay and J said...

That pretty much looks to die for. I'm excited about trying the easy crossant (sp?) bundles.