Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Painting for David's Room

I painted my first canvas for David's room before his arrival (a bit late in posting). Of course, it is amateur, but I enjoyed this new endeavor. Excuse the flash...every angle I tried to take a picture from flashed like this because of the clear coat I put over the painting.

I painted the letters and glued them on to create a 3D look. And please know that we used some special Amazing Goop glue to prevent any letters from falling off. Thanks Ashley for the checkerboard tip on the edges.

David's room and bedding has a safari theme which is why I went with earth tone colors for the painting: chocolate brown, tan, and green.

One of the main reasons I liked the animals is because I remembered how neat it was when our daughter was so little and could look at the animals on her bumper pad. She had a safari theme with animals and daisies in girly colors. She would smile, coo, and talk to them. We loved watching her interact with them which was a bonus because I did not want animals for her initially, just daisies. As you can see, David's bumper pad has animals for him as well.

My nursing nook.

This is our make shift changing table and dresser. It was a hand me down to Chris' brother in law and then he gave it to Chris when he was in high school. We detached the hutch/book shelf and Chris attached a mirror to it.

This wall hanging is what inspired me to paint the canvas. The background of the painting somewhat matches the lion's mane.

No comments: